So, late last night, I was awoken for some unknown reason. I looked at the clock and it was one in the morning. Only one cat was on the bed, but that is not unusual, so that couldn’t be it. The television was off, so that’s not what woke me up. They is hit me, it was my throat that woke me up. I thought it was dry, so I took a drink of water, and that’s when I realized what was really wrong. It turned out that my throat wasn’t dry, what I had a sore throat.
I hoped I could sleep it off and tried to go back to sleep. I cannot tell you how long it took me to fall back to sleep, but I ended up waking up again right before my alarm went off, and I felt even worse.
Now, I will criticize upper management at my work, but we do have some nice benefits. Being able to call in sick and not worry about what I will miss is one of those. I can sit here, with the TV on, sniffling, coughing, and blogging without frustrating any of my co-workers.
My mother taught me to share, but I am pretty sure that my coworkers would appreciate me keeping my sore throat to myself.
I hate feeling sick, like everyone else, but at least I can feel miserable on my own.